Sunday, May 16, 2010

I had an extraordinary experience after my husband died in the summer of 2006. In October of that year, I had a visit from some very good friends who were driving to Idaho to visit their daughter. They made a point of driving out of their way to come to Southern Utah to see me. One evening my friend Sue and I were in the downstairs family room talking about my husband Jim. I was on the large couch that stretched across the middle of the room. Sue was sitting to right on the love seat. Behind her on the wall was a large watercolor painting with a glass front. As we were talking I saw, clear as a bell, Jim's reflection in the glass on the painting! It was a reflection of him walking across the area to my left, which would have been directly in front of Sue. I stopped in mid sentence, and yanked my whole body to the left as quickly as I could. Sue went sort of white, as I probably had, and she said: "Shelley, WHAT did you see?!" I had seen my husband from the middle of his chest up, looking as he had in his thirties (he died at 55) with his light brown hair back in place of the grey. There was a chair just to the left of the television facing me that was angled facing both the love seat and chair. It was as if he'd been sitting there, and had stood up and walked across the room. I had caught his "reflection" as he walked by. Of course I didn't see him after I turned, but I had definitely and distinctly seen his reflection in the glass of the painting!
I was amazed and speechless, as was Sue. I told her what I had seen, and though she hadn't seen anything, she had seen my face and my startled response. Though I had had "experiences" of spirit before, I had never seen something like that with my eyes. It was another witness to me of the reality of the fact that our deceased loved ones don't really leave us, they "live" in one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment