Saturday, March 3, 2012

I haven't posted for a long time. I'm posting a poem I wrote because there are times when I have a painful and very real need to go find my deceased (lost) loved ones. I know I cannot find them in the traditional way we find our living friends and family. I really don't need to "find" them because they are here with me all the time. It's just that their physical absence is so hard to deal with. When my son Jimmy died almost 16 years ago at 18; I felt a Mother's overpowering need to find him; to know that he was okay. I almost believed that if I went to the ends of the earth I could find him and bring him home. It was irrational, I knew that all along, but I felt such a tug. This poem is about that in a way.


If time and space were where you are


I search for you from star to star


I’d ride a blazing comet through


the deepest wormhole to find you.


I’d sail across the Galaxy,


on solar winds sans gravity.


On alien planets I’d stop to look,


and peek in every cranny and nook.


I wouldn’t stop till I could see,


your loving eyes looking back at me.


But you’re not here, in time and space;


You slipped into another place.


It’s not a galaxy away,


It’s in my heart; and there you’ll stay.



No comments:

Post a Comment